The most important ingredient in a good match is that intangible quality of a good fit. On the phone or at the first meeting, did you enjoy one another’s company? Did the minister listen carefully to you? Did you like their ideas?
Be sure to check the minister’s availability on their calendar and make sure you understand their fees and their process. Questions you may want to ask are
- What is your overall philosophy for planning a ceremony?
- What process do you use?
- How many times do you meet for planning?
- Do you charge for travel?
- For weddings: Do you attend the rehearsal? Do you require premarital counseling and do you offer it? Do you have the authority to perform a marriage ceremony in our state?
- Can you give me references?